December 31, 2012 by j1scotty
How does one not know when New Years Eve is? I’m not sure, but I was completely taken off guard that New Years Eve is tonight. And now you know how interesting and popular I am.
That being said, let’s get to Lauren and I’s 2013 bucket list. Batter up!!! Lauren…..
I truly feel like 2013 is my year. So with all the excitement I feel for this coming year, I thought: Why not write down some of the things I have always wanted to do and hold myself accountable for completing them in the coming year. For every month, I plan to check something off my 2013 bucket list as completed. I plan on completing them in the order I wrote below. I plan on taking pictures and documenting each adventure and sharing them without you all throughout the year. Get excited! New year means new beginning and new adventures. Spend the time you have not thinking about the future, but writing down what you want to accomplish now and DO IT! What are you waiting for? One life. Live it fully and without regrets. I plan on acting more, thinking less and not over-contemplating my decisions. With that said, here is my 2013 bucket list!
- Forget about everything in the past and begin 2013 with an open mind and renewed sense of strength and self-purpose
- Be spontaneous and do something I always said I wouldn’t
- Go on a cruise
- Make it to CrossFit Regionals
- Go skinny dipping in the ocean
- TP a house
- Go bungee jumping
- Take a week long road trip – See a US landmark that I’ve never seen before
- See the sunrise and the sunset in the same day
- See snow fall for the first time
- Do a CrossFit competition in the RX division.
- See the ball drop in Times Square on New Years Eve
And as for me..2012 was a year I’ll never forget. I’ll never forget it because it was truly the worst year of my life, but also the best. The reason it was the best. One simple thing. Strength. I was given the gift of a one million man army to rise up inside me. Sometimes we have to lose everything to know what we are capable of.
And with that….my list
- Keep my eyes open, keep learning from my mistakes, don’t look back.
- Get my crossfit certification
- Stop being afraid. Which means stop carrying pepto in my car
- do a crossfit competition. which will require pepto, but I won’t have any.
- Go to India with my dad
- Learn to surf
- Do some volunteer work
- Hot air balloon ride with my boys
- Walk on my hands
- Stop being a gypsy. AKA..stability.
- Accomplish all 12. Fine this one’s a little bit of a cheat, but guess what? Long hair don’t care.
Lauren and I want to say thanks to everyone who take the time to read this. We want to make this blog bigger and badder. We want to inspire and encourage.
I know. I’m getting all serious and stuff, it is New Years. Roll with it.
With that, we leave you with a quote..” Closing cycles. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because that no longer fits your life. Shut the door, change the record, clean the house, shake off the dust. Stop being who you were, and change into who you are.”
This episode has been brought to you by the letter F. F for, F all those bad things that happened in 2012. Forget how bad your panties or tighty whities were in a wad over dumb stuff this year. Fall in love. Find a friend. Fight for your goals. Fill in the blanks. Filibuster. Idk? I’m just trying to sound smart.
HAPPY 2013!! Come at me braaaah. Get yours.